Question:
iPod Touch 4th generation problem. Please help asap?
[Purple★Moonlight]
2011-07-07 01:34:40 UTC
I had this error for quite a while now. Whenever i plug my iPod Touch in the computer and open iTunes this comes up "This iPod cannot be used because the Apple Mobile Device service is not started". I wen't to apple today but they couldn't figure out what the problem was. I then tried to erase all the settings on the iPod and that still didn't help me. I also tried these steps.

1. Open "Start"

2. Open "Control Panel" (For Windows 7 users who don't have the option to switch the control panel to classic view, the administrative tools are located under the System and Security category.)

3. Open "Administrative tools"

4. Open "Services"

5. Go to "Apple Mobile Devices"

6. Your Startup Type would be at Disable

7. Set Startup Type to Automatic

8. Press Apply and Okay.

Still didn't work. And now i have no idea what to do D= can someone please help me?
Computer is Windows 7 and my firmware is 4.1
Four answers:
Alex
2011-07-07 02:14:53 UTC
Try this:

Windows XP:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1925

Windows 7/Vista:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1923
BlkBear
2011-07-07 02:06:46 UTC
Reboot the computer after making sure "Apple Mobile Devices" is set to automatic.

If that does nothing, try re-installing iTunes over itself on the computer and allow it to updated to it's latest version (if it needs to) before connecting your iPod Touch to it.
2011-07-07 07:43:58 UTC
Parental Controls.
2016-12-07 04:12:17 UTC
carry the means button down for atleast 15-20 seconds and if that doesnt artwork , after the battery has drained out attempt again or attempt urgent the living house button and rancid button for 15 seconds :)_