Question:
Creative Zen 16gb mp3 Player can't play AAC file?? It says file not supported!!!?
Vangough
2007-12-28 23:23:00 UTC
I have this Creative Zen. I did rip some cds using dBpowerAmp V 12.2 to m4a Nero AAC format(LC and HE). My setting was VBR quality .95, estimated bit rate 400 Kbps(high quality) no forced profile and forced HE AAC both. I did this thinking, if one doen't work then the other one might!!

I used Windows Media Player 11 with Orban AAC-aacPlus to transfer files to my ZEN. I did it successfully(both HE and LC AAC) but eventually when i tried to play it, it displayed "File Not Supported". I can't understand what's happening. I can see both HE and LC AAC files on my ZEN but can't play it. Could any one plz help me out, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Five answers:
cadisneygirl
2007-12-28 23:50:28 UTC
I doubt zen plays aac files. It is an ipod/itunes supported format.

If you want an easy way to convert these to mp3 then just download itunes, change the default from aac to mp3 (in itunes go to edit/preferences/advanced/import)

Highlight all the aac songs and then click the advanced tab in itunes and click convert to mp3.

Then have windows media player research your files for those mp3 songs.

Then they should work with your zen.

(you can download itunes at apple.com for free)
?
2016-12-10 19:09:33 UTC
Creative Zen 16gb Mp3 Player
Paul
2008-01-01 14:14:56 UTC
Hope you didn't spend a lot of time ripping those CDs.

They won't play. Stick with MP3.

My first MP3 player did the same thing. It let me transfer the files. They even showed up and said "AAC"! But when i pushed play, it said "format not supported." I own the Zen V Plus, now. It only supports MP3, WMA, DRM-WMA and WAV.

All mp3 players are like this. Ipod doesn't support WMA, and the others don't support AAC
2016-10-20 10:16:21 UTC
hi, adult males, as i be attentive to, inventive Zen mp3 participant helps mp4(avc/h.264, aac) movies nicely, so which you want a perfect converter to transform your movies to the main suitable mp4(avc/h.264, aac). i'm utilising RZ Video Converter that may convert any movies or audios between distinctive formats with sturdy high quality, which includes convert avi to mp4(avc/h.264, aac), or your mp4 to mp4(avc/h.264, aac), and so on. then you relatively can placed the switched over mp4 movies to inventive Zen mp3 participant, and play it. Have a attempt by means of your self. Yahoo or google seek and get carry of RZ Video Converter. desire it may help you.
2007-12-30 13:38:04 UTC
my zen does.

when you drag the music file across (thats what i did) and if it's not supported it will automatically convert to how the zen wants it to be.

Same with videos etc. it shoudl work. if not.

you have a problem with the software.