Question:
Can you track an iPod touch without any tracking software on it after it gets stolen?
Kyle B
2009-10-02 21:04:32 UTC
I had my iPod touch stolen today in school. If anybody of the right authority could track an iPod serial number could help that would be awesome. I do not have any tracking software on it as I didn't even know that there was such a thing. I am in question though because I have my iPod set to automatically download my emails from my server every hour. Is it possible to track the IP address of where the downloaded emails are going? Can the police station track any of this? If you think you can help post your email and I will get in touch with you.
Seven answers:
xboxlyve
2009-10-02 21:09:31 UTC
the ipod isnt caable of this. only the iphone 3gs can do this. and plus your ipod needs to be connected to internet ( even if it was, it wouldnt work at all) go buy a new ipod with the money that you dont have ^.^
Huyman Joe
2009-10-02 21:09:50 UTC
Change your email password right now. You're not getting the ipod back.
ferrari2017
2009-10-02 21:08:20 UTC
dont ipods now have tracking software? not sure if it has one call apple to get a new one
2016-05-21 08:49:11 UTC
I think so i know they have one for psps but your ipod touch is not usless it can steal be reset
v197
2009-10-02 21:10:04 UTC
im sorry to say this dude but their is nothing they could do
Genesis
2009-10-02 21:21:44 UTC
absolutely nothing you can do... sorry bro that sucks
Marinaaaaaa.
2009-10-02 21:07:57 UTC
good luck!

:] :/